The Wiccan Rede Project resurrection home ...
gocek.org pagan content ...
gocek.org home ...
The Wiccan Rede Project resurrection at gocek.org
Rede Of The Wiccae
As collected by Shea Thomas
(Being Knowne As The Counsel Of The Wise Ones)
Submitted By Lady Gwen Thompson & Adriana Porter
First Published In Green Egg Magazine
Vol. III. No. 69 (Ostara 1975)
- Bide the Wiccan laws ye must in perfect love and perfect trust.
- Live and let live - fairly take and fairly give.
- Cast the Circle thrice about to keep all evil spirits out.
- To bind the spell every time, let the spell be spake in rhyme.
- Soft of eye and light of touch - speak little, listen much.
- Deosil go by the waxing Moon - sing and dance the Wiccan rune.
- Widdershins go when the Moon doth wane, and the Werewolf howls by the
- When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to her times two.
- When the Moon rides at her peak, then your heart's desire seek.
- Heed the Northwind's mighty gale - lock the door and drop the sail.
- When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss thee on the mouth.
- When the wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.
- When the West wind blows o'er thee, departed spirits restless be.
- Nine woods in the
Cauldron go - burn them quick and burn them slow.
- Elder be ye Lady's tree - burn it not or cursed ye'll be.
- When the Wheel begins to turn - let the Beltane fires burn.
- When the Wheel has turned a Yule, light the Log and let Pan rule.
- Heed ye flower, bush and tree- by the Lady blessed be.
- Where the rippling waters go, cast a stone an truth ye'll know.
- When ye have need, hearken not to other's greed.
- With the fool no season spend or be counted as his friend.
- Merry meet an merry part - bright the cheeks an warm the heart.
- Mind the Threefold Law ye should - three times bad and three times good.
- When misfortune is enow, wear the blue star on thy brow.
- True in love ever be unless thy lover's false to thee.
- Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill - an it harm none, do what ye will.